Rise: Formatting text in quizzes

Nov 25, 2016

Hello,

I can't seem to find if it's possible to format text in quizzes ? Some of the words in the answers must be written in italic.

Is this possible, or could it be on the wish list?

Thanks,

Julie

13 Replies
Ashley Terwilliger-Pollard

Hi Julie,

Thanks for sharing that piece here as well. I'm seeing the same thing in that I cannot apply bold or italics to the title text within an accordion. I'm going to share this with our team, as I'm going to guess that's currently by design but we can get it on the list for other features they're considering. 

Let us know if you have any other questions with Rise, and I hope you're enjoying it so far. 

Hi Julie, 

I see that the Accordion title didn't show the bold/italic options, but I was able to add it within the Quiz question and the answer, and the Accordion description text. I recorded a quick Peek to showcase that. If you're seeing something different could you share a bit more information with us in the form of a Peek video? 

Hi Julie,

It looks like you're using Internet Explorer to author your Rise courses? Although you can view the Rise courses within Internet Explorer 11, we don't support it as an authoring tool as you'll see here in our System requirements. I'm partial to Chrome as my browser, but you could also use Firefox (or Edge on a PC and Safari on a Mac). I suspect that will also account for the odd display on the left hand side of your questions. Let me know if you're using a different browser than Internet Explorer, or if you're able to test it out in a new browser and still see the same issue!

Thanks Julie for confirming and testing it out in Chrome. I saw the same within the Accordion as far as the title. There are certain elements where the formatting is already controlled, such as the Accordion, Tabs, Labelled graphic and the markers. For example, the markers you'll see they have the title and description, so the title is already set to bold there. 

It sounds like you'd like to be able to change the bold/italic formatting on all of those titles as well as questions? I'll share that idea with our team, and you can also share your ideas here as a feature request. 

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.