Rise: Image size in carousel / gallery

Sep 30, 2020

Hello, It would be very helpful to have a preselection for the image size in the carousel. Similar to what the labeled graphic offers.
If I use images from different sources without having previously edited them, Rise chooses the size very arbitrarily.

Sometimes I use the process gallery as work around, but that means I have the comments & sequential numbers below and above (it would be great if I could add the captions manually...)

7 Replies
Crystal Horn

Hi there - You can crop your photo for the image carousel, but the image will always fill the carousel slot horizontally. If you crop your photo to be more of a square, the image will appear a bit taller to fill the space horizontally. If you crop your photo to have more width than height, the image will be shorter.

We don't have plans to change this behavior at this point, but if we do, we'll let you know here.

Felix Franke

Hi Crystal,

thanks, nowing that it is the width which is important helps. Nonetheless, I would support a more consistent "automatic sizing" in the carousel. Rise does not make images larger for example...

I often run into this and end up editing all the images to the same size or at least same height/width ratio, because I hate the "jumping around" of the content depending on the image size. Takes a lot of time. Every time. I cannot imagine this would be so hard to implement, but I am not a programmer :-D

Steven Benassi

Hi Felix!

Thanks for the feedback on the type of functionality you'd like to see in Rise 360!

Our development team is tracking a feature request that will shrink-to-fit images added to a Carousel Block. I've linked this discussion to the feature report and will provide updates as soon as we have news to share!

If you'd like to stay up to date, please bookmark our Feature Roadmap.