Rise is buggy in Chrome

Aug 22, 2019

Hey guys,

Here is another bug/issue/thingy. Working in one window on Chrome Version 76.0.3809.100. I was adding content, jumped into the Settings to change the font (I forgot when I set up the course and wondered why it looked weird), jumped back out and now I can't edit the section heading... its blocked by me... wait.. what??!

Other issues I encountered last night:

• Changing font colours: Rise will show the tool, after clicking the colours option, they appear but after selecting a colour or entering in a hex #, nothing happens. You have to F5 the window and try again...
  • Changing font size/BUI/alignment: as above...
  • Moving sections around: now this one is a goodie.. duplicate the section and then click either the up or down arrow and BOTH sections move.. together... or not at all...
  • Storyline embed: this one has only happened in the last couple of days. Created 4 little interactions, inserted them into various sections of my Rise course.. went to review and the same SL is in each section. As a fix I deleted the SL files and then uploaded some fresh ones.. they are stuck in processing...

Can someone please fix Chrome before I go bald. Im running out of hair :(

18 Replies
Karl Muller

I use Chrome as well and find that the text formatting toolbar stops working frequently. 

Text can be selected, and the attributes can be changed such as color, size, etc. but the changes do not apply.

In other cases the text toolbar appears when text is selected but the drop-downs completely stop working.

When this happens I need to exit the Rise Lesson and open it again to get the toolbar to work again.

In worst cases I need to close the browser and restart Chrome.

Chrome Version 76.0.3809.100 (Official Build) (64-bit)

B B

Thanks Crystal, I have sent a reply and an example as well.

Here is another example where I am trying to swap out my placeholder image and its been processing for 5 mins now. The image processing is a screenshot jpeg 8.49kb. Nothing flash. The other two went up with no issues.

• Chrome Version 76.0.3809.100 (Official Build) (64-bit)
  • Only one Rise window open
  • No Chrome App Plugins (its managed by the business so we cant even if I wanted to)
  • Image is stored on the computer I am currently working on

Crystal Horn

Hi there, Miranda. Here are some quick steps you can try:

• In a supported browser, delete the video block, refresh your lesson, and try to upload the video again.
  • Sign out of Rise 360 by clicking your avatar (or initials) in the upper right corner. Sign in again, and attempt to add the video block to your lesson.

If neither option works for you, could we have a closer look at your video file? You can privately share it with us here, and we'll delete everything when we're done troubleshooting.