Rise is not tracking progress through interactive blocks

Jun 08, 2020

Hello,

I have been trying to accomplish what is seen in this video below at the 1:22 mark. Basically, I have an interactive labeled graphic that is not tracking the progress as in the video. Even if i add the labeled graphic to its own title lesson, a user clicks on the lesson, the progress automatically shows as complete. 

I would like to to show progress as the user is clicking on each bubble. 

As a whole, I was wondering if it is possible to have the user click on every interaction, every audio icon and tab in order to proceed. It seems that one can click the lesson and just scroll to the bottom to proceed without having to click on any interactions. Any help will be greatly appreciated. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g8Co8y2nBfY

2 Replies
Karl Muller

Hi Eric,

What you are seeing in the video is the functionality of an older version of Rise.

At that time, if you wanted to create an interaction, you would create a specific lesson type that consisted only of a Labelled Graphic. It behaved as shown in the video.

Since then, Articulate has done away with specific lesson types and now there are only the Lesson and Quiz types. A Lesson can now consist of all types of interactive blocks in the same Lesson. They also behave differently as you have experienced.

If you want to ensure that learners just don't scroll down to complete the lesson, you can create a Divider / Continue block between the other blocks. Set each Continue block completion type to "Complete Block Directly Above."

So if you add a Continue button just below the labeled graphic, the learner must click on each marker and view it before the Continue button will become activated.

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.