Labeled graphic as a Block item

Mar 23, 2017

Hi, 

I may have missed something but is it at all possible to have a labeled graphic as a block item? I'd like to top and tail the labeled graphic with some explanatory text & references, which don't warrant a separate lesson. Any ideas on if / how this can be achieved?

Thanks in advance, 

Emma

134 Replies
Alyssa Gomez

Hey there Emma!

You haven't missed anything! We're looking at adding the Labeled Graphic to Blocks--it's on our roadmap, but no ETA at this point. You can stay up to date on all of the new features and releases for Rise right here!

For now, have you tried adding the explanatory text and references to the header section above the labeled graphic? 

Emma Pincott

Hi Alyssa, 

Thanks for the feedback and suggestion. Unfortunately we had explored that idea but it wasn't deemed suitable for the reference display (as they can be numerous). Appreciate the thought though. Hope that the labelled graphic gets added into the blocks as I can see this being a really valuable asset. 

All the best,

Emma

Ashley Terwilliger-Pollard

Hi Teenya, 

If you enable Restricted navigation, the user will see this messaging if they don't click on all the markers in a Labelled graphic:

The restricted navigation will apply across your entire Rise course. 

We're still working on a few of the lesson types (such as labelled graphic) being available as a block type, so we'll keep you posted on that! 

Crystal Horn

Hey Teenya.  Glad that restricted navigation worked for you on the labeled graphic lesson!  

For your blocks that require interaction, try a continue block (quick video - knowledge check is featured around 2:20).  Continue blocks pace learners by revealing content when the learner clicks on the Continue button. You can even edit the availability of a Continue button to only show once one or all of the block interactions above have been completed.

Let me know how that works for you!

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.