RISE module withSL360 Block: Continue button not working/barely visable "X" at top left of screen.

Mar 07, 2024

Hi there! Hoping for some help with a module that we have recently launched in our LMS.

Within the module there is a SL360 block for a knowledge test. Immediately after there is a "Continue" button. While the button visibly changes from the locked state to the Continue option, when you select it, nothing happens. It works fine if we are completing the module via a laptop, but it is when we are on a mobile device we have issues.

There does appear to be a feint X that appears in the top left of the screen, after the 3 vertical bar menu option. If we select that we can proceed but it is really hard to see. 

Does anyone know of a way we can remove that X and get our functionality flowing again?

5 Replies
Jose Tansengco

Hi Karyn,

Happy to help!

A few updates ago, we released an enhancement for Storyline 360 where Storyline blocks in Rise 360 courses now display full-screen on mobile devices when player controls are turned off. 

As a troubleshooting step, try turning off the player controls in your Storyline 360 course to allow the embedded blocks in your Rise 360 course to open in full screen. This should make for a better experience for your learners when opening Storyline 360 blocks.

If this doesn't work for you, please share a copy of your project file here or in private by opening a support case so we can test in on our end in Rise 360. We'll delete it when we're done!

Karyn Jones

Hi, Jose!
Thanks for responding and for your assistance.
I have attached two files:
Discrimination Bullying and Harassment

* I have attached the SCORM file but I don't have access to the SL file. I will try and get that for you.
Cross-Contamination

* I have attached the SCORM file and also the SL360 Block.It isn't exactly the same issue, but the interactivity element is really clunky which it wasn't when I launched. I went and double checked the player controls as you mentioned but I think they are all switched off....
Thanks again for your help - please let me know if you need anything else!

Eric Santos

Hello Karyn,

Thanks for your reply! Unfortunately, we're not able to access the attachments via email. Kindly attach the Storyline project files in a message here in E-Learning Heroes.

Also, when you reply via email, your signature may appear with your post. The good news is you can click "Edit" below your post and remove your email signature.

Karyn Jones

Thanks, Eric.

I have attached the storyline file for the chopping boards.

As mentioned, it isn't exactly the same issue, but the interactivity element is really clunky which it wasn't when I launched. I went and double checked the player controls as you mentioned but I think they are all switched off....

With the Discrimination module, I don't have access to the SL360 file as it was created by an external company.

Thanks again!

Tim St. Clair

When on mobile, the interaction gets a play button and then goes full display to be shown. This puts the X button to close it around the same position as the menu control.

Some users are trying to press the close button, but instead hit the menu control. This pops out the menu, since the menu icon is on top.

In my case, I have the Exit Course button enabled as well, and now the menu is UNDER the exit course link, and the Exit X control is under the expanded menu.

It is often impossible to close the interaction without exiting the course.