RISE - Publish to Sharepoint 365/Web

Nov 19, 2018

I have managed to publish as web course, however in IE and EDGE browsers clicking the index.html does nothing. I can get the course to open in Chrome however, so it is working just not on those browser. Is this normal?

Secondly, the goal is to publish the web course on SharePoint, however this wants to treat the index.html as a .PDF. Has anyone successfully got a course launching in SharePoint 365?

57 Replies
Caryn Carman

Hi all,

Are there any updates on this issue? I haven't been able to locate a solution that allows me to publish Rise to web and run on SharePoint. This is a really big obstacle for our organization so I'd be really grateful for any insights. None of the above solutions were successful when I tried them. 

With thanks,

Caryn 

Kathryn Rosa  Chambers

Good Morning,

I recently had similar issues. It was a combination of 2 things that eventually worked for me. First, before unzipping the downloaded file, right click, go to properties, on general tab under security section, select "unblock".  Next, make sure you have full rights to SharePoint. You must be a site owner. I hope this helps! 

Caryn Carman

Thanks so much for replying, Kathryn. Yes, I did select "unblock" and I'm a full admin. Wish I could figure out why that solution works for some folks but not others. Are you working with a E3 MS license in a tenant? Wondering if it's a difference between enterprise and other types of MS365 accounts.  

John Rine Zabanal

Hello! I am still having issues with these instructions.

I followed the steps, renamed a .html to .aspx, and uploaded the files on my SharePoint site. But when I attempted to open the .aspx file, it wanted me to download it rather than opening it in the browser like all the other .aspx files. I have all the required permissions.

Jennifer Brown

If you're working with Rise, there are several .HTML files that need to be changes to .ASPX

I added detailed instructions in another thread that are specific to S3 and S360, but the same concepts apply. We're hopefully moving to S360 soon, and when I had the trail, I tested publishing Rise and experienced no issues; I did have more .HTML files for which to change extensions than from S3 when publishing to web.  

Hope this helps. 

Viewing Articulate 360 Content in SharePoint Online - Articulate Storyline Discussions - E-Learning Heroes - Page 3

Jennifer Brown

To clarify, are you trying to add to a Teams site?  M365/O365 SharePoint does not play work for me, even working with our SharePoint Admin team. There's something in the configuration that seems to treat the files like they're in a folder, not a library, even when putting the content with a library of an M365 site. But in other tenants that are SharePoint Communications sites.

There was a period of time when SharePoint on Premise (I forget the version, but I think... 2010) didn't work. But then worked before we migrated over to SharePoint.com.