Rise Question Bank ID?

Oct 23, 2023

Hi! I'm currently evaluating using questions banks in a project. In our situation we might have a question bank that has around 200 - 250 questions.

This works fine if you just look to the fact that we can add all of them and then simply choose how many to be randomly generated in a quiz.

Our problem is that we also need to find a question quickly if we need to edit it. How do I go about to find a specific question if someone reports it to me? If I have 200 questions I only see them in the left question list, and need to find the right one by reading each one. And only max two lines show for each question.

Is there any unique ID that can be shown in each question somehow? Or a numbering sequence, or anything else? Or do I have to create manual ID:s for each question and include them in the question title?

We have a script, currently in word (or excel), and if I need to change the question I first need to find it there, change the original and then find the same question in Rise 360. In order to do that I would need to have some sort of named sequencing in both so I can find the corresponding question in the question bank.

Do you have any suggestions?

Best regards
Adrian

3 Replies
Alyssa Gomez

Hi there, Adrian! Thanks so much for bringing this up! I can see how it might be difficult to locate a question in a large question bank list. It sounds like having a unique ID number for each question would be helpful! I'd be happy to pass that idea along to my team. 

In the meantime, creating manual ID:s for each question and including them in the question title would be your best bet. We'll let you know if we make any changes that will help!