Rise Quiz

Apr 26, 2021

I created a course in rise that has a quiz.

The quiz requires 80% to pass, and learners have two attempts to pass.

However, after failing two times... I am still prompted to try again? I thought by selecting two attempts, this would limit the tries?

This is problematic because we are basing completion of the course on the result of the quiz. So if you don't pass -- you are marked "incomplete" whereas, if you pass and complete the course, your are marked as "passed."

As it stands... after failing the course twice... I am marked as "in progress" in our LMS and it should be "incomplete"... how do i fix this?

7 Replies
Premier Inc

I am not sure how this helps? Not trying to be rude -- I just dont get it. See attached images of settings.

LMS is basing completion off the quiz - passed/incomplete.

Quiz asks for 80% to pass, 2 attempts.

But once published... and in preview mode... if you fail twice, you are still prompted to try again. And then if you do publish the course, and you fail twice, you are also still prompted and the LMS will mark you as in progress.

Renz Sevilla

Hi Maggie! 

Thanks for reaching out! I've checked some of your settings and there isn't anything that sticks out as incorrect or in conflict. The best way to identify an LMS issue is to compare how your course behaves against SCORM Cloud.

Here's a video that demonstrates how to test SCORM Cloud with your Rise 360 content.

If the course behaves normally on SCORM Cloud but not in Workday LMS, please open a support case with your LMS admin at Workday. They’ll know how best to help with LMS-specific problems.

If your course isn't working properly in SCORM Cloud either, please open up a case with us here 

Premier Inc

Thanks, I will check.

I will say that I noticed even when it was published to Articulate Review, I limited the quiz to two retries and it doesnt actually limit anything. Is there a way to limit the number of times someone can retake the quiz? And if not... I feel like that option should be removed if it doesnt actually work.