Rise: Quiz Data Sent to an LMS - Clarification Please

Jun 21, 2018

I have read about the new feature 'Quiz Data Sent to an LMS' and would like to clarify one of the notes at the bottom please.

It says 'When a course is set to track by progress, quiz answers are reported to your LMS, but without a score.' I wasn't sure what this note meant and would like to check if it adversely affects our current set up and if we can now utilise the Quiz data feature.

We currently have a passing score set at 80% in the Quiz settings and export using type LMS and xAPI(Tin Can). We track using quiz result and currently receive the percentage result of each user. Will we now also receive the Quiz data from the new feature, or is the note saying we can have the Quiz data now but not the score? We must have the score, but it would be good to utilise the Quiz data now as well.

Thank you!

15 Replies
Alyssa Gomez

Hi Dianne! 

Because you are tracking using quiz result, you will see both a quiz score and quiz answers for each learner. All is good! 👍

If you were tracking by course completion, meaning the learner would be marked as complete if they viewed 100% of the lessons in the course, then you would not see the quiz score. 

I hope that helps to clarify!

Alyssa Gomez

Hi there, Becky!

Since you're not already using an LMS, check out Rise.com

Rise.com is an all-in-one online training system that gives you one place to create, track, manage, and analyze your training. It includes all the authoring functionality from Rise 360, plus a library of pre-built lessons on common business topics. 

Once you’ve created a course, you can enroll learners, track their progress, and analyze training effectiveness—all within Rise.com. 

To see it in action, head over to rise.com! And if you have any questions about how Rise could work for you, you can get in touch with the team here!

Alyssa Gomez

Hi Becky! I'm sorry for the confusion. You're using Rise 360 (which is part of your Articulate 360 trial), and Rise.com is our newest product offering! It is separate from Articulate 360.

Rise.com combines the same authoring experience you already have in Rise 360, plus the ability to enroll learners in courses and track their training data all in one place. 

If that sounds like something you need, please check it out at rise.com!