Rise - shows double scroll bar in an LMS window

Aug 17, 2017

Hi, Just testing Rise on a normal Moodle instance and I keep getting a double scrollbar in the window. Tried 100% on the window dialogue but it still put a white bar at the bottom, which in turn creates a double scrollbaar for the user....not nice. See attached png.

What am i doing wrong?

23 Replies
Ashley Terwilliger-Pollard

Hi Paul, 

Thanks for sharing an image showing the two scroll bars. Does Moodle embed the content inside a frame? That could be what's causing the duplication and odd scaling of the Rise content. 

Have you tried maximizing the browser to see if those scroll bars disappear? I would also look at how the course appears when viewed at SCORM Cloud, as it's a standard for LMS testing. This article will get you started on setting up a course there! 

Paul Knights

Hi Ashley,

Looks lovely in scormcloud, no problems at all.

Standard moodle instance = no difference. Have tried putting the window height and width to 100% and in a new window, no difference. Not sure what else I can change to make a change etc....

Maybe someone who uses moodle knows a bit more?

Ashley Terwilliger-Pollard

Hi Paul, 

Thanks for the update - I know we've got a few Moodle users here in the E-Learning Heroes community, so hopefully they're able to help!

I also wanted to let you know it appears that you may have two Articulate IDs/ELH profiles - something to keep in mind as only one will be associated with your subscription for Articulate 360. 

Adrian Sutantio

Go to your Moodle theme and try to add these CSS codes:

#page-mod-scorm-player {overflow-y:hidden;}
#page-mod-scorm-player #scormpage #scorm_object {
width: 100%;
height: 100%;
}

It will eliminate the outer scrolling bar when you open the SCORM page.

Credit to: Phillipe (https://moodle.org/mod/forum/discuss.php?d=348360)

Tim Lewis

Hi,

I've viewed all posts on this topic but I'm having the same issue re double scroll bars.  I know the Rise crew have stated this is fixed ... but not sure how it can be if I'm seeing it on Courses I'm creating today.  

I'm not technical so unfortunately short-cuts as proposed in making changes to the CSS are not practical for me.  Would therefore appreciate a solution that fixes this once and for all.

Tim

WellSky  Learning Center

Is there any update on this? We use Moodle and would like to use Rise courses, but when loaded as a SCORM package, we see the two scroll bars. Ideally there's no SCORM scroll bar and just one LMS scroll bar, with the SCORM dictacting the browser height. However we've been told it's very difficult to calculate the height dynamically. 

That said, we're only using SCORM to track completion - Can the Web object export offer completion data somehow? All we need is complete/incomplete and maybe a quiz option.

Crystal Horn

Hi there, Fazzi. If the frame that Moodle is using to display your Rise 360 content is adding a scroll bar, have a look at your launch settings in Moodle. You might have the option to launch the course in a new browser window rather than in the LMS frame.

Web exports will not provide completion or quiz tracking for your course. 

Alex Young

Hello All:

You can change the CSS in Moodle by doing the following:

In Moodle, go to Site Administration >Appearance > Themes > (Select your Theme here ) Mine is Adaptable > Custom CSS & JS.

Add the following code in the CSS Window. 

}

Jessica Kellerman

Hi

I have the same double scroll bar issue, after loading a Rise course in Moodle for the first time (the site runs on Moodle 3.5). The activity is set to open in a new window. It is a how to guide, so I don't need to track progress or assessment. It is loaded as a SCORM package. After seeing the issue, I wanted to try and load the web output, though can't see how to do that.

The CSS suggestion looks to be a logical solution, though in my situation there are two challenges  with this -
1) I can't add custom CSS as the site uses a custom theme developed by the hosting Moodle partner and the option isn't in the theme settings

2) I could probably ask them to add it as part of support, though only want to do that if absolutely necessary. We have dozens of scorm packages of Storyline content on the same site and I don't know this would be affected.

Any other suggestions welcome.

Sunny Hemnani
Alex Young

Hello All:

You can change the CSS in Moodle by doing the following:

In Moodle, go to Site Administration >Appearance > Themes > (Select your Theme here ) Mine is Adaptable > Custom CSS & JS.

Add the following code in the CSS Window. 

}

Hi Alex, It works fine when we open the Rise SCORM in new tab. 

but I want to open it in the same window, how to remove the extra scroll? 

right now if we add this css and open the scorm in same window, it shows screen till the moodle header, rise course title not even show the start course button.

Is there any way that we keep open the Rise Scorm in same window and hide the moodle scroll?

Thank you.

Sunny Hemnani
Adrian Sutantio

Go to your Moodle theme and try to add these CSS codes:

}

Hi Adrian, It will eliminate the outer scrolling bar when you open the SCORM page.

Credit to: Phillipe (https://moodle.org/mod/forum/discuss.php?d=348360)

It works fine when we open the Rise SCORM in new tab. 

but I want to open it in the same window, how to remove the extra scroll? 

right now if we add this css and open the scorm in same window, it shows screen till the moodle header, rise course title not even show the start course button.

Is there any way that we keep open the Rise Scorm in same window and hide the moodle scroll?

Thank you.