Rise: When video plays it changes to a larger size for a split second

Oct 29, 2020

I've tried several different video sizes as well as changing the video settings for the Rise block from medium to full width.  I've used SL video export as well as a Camtasia export. Each time, when the video plays the video jumps to full width of the screen for a moment and then to a smaller dimension. 

Is there something I can do to prevent this?

10 Replies
Alyssa Gomez

Hi Elizabeth! Here's a quick screen recording of what I see when I view your Review 360 link in Chrome. 

What version of Chrome are you using? I'm using the latest version, which is Version 86.0.4240.111. You can check your version by going to https://supportally.com/.

Do you see the same problem if you view the link in another web browser?

Elizabeth Katz

Hello Ayssa, 

I'm using Chrome 86.0.4240.111 according to Supportally. 

I wasn't able to view your screen recording: "The media could not be loaded, either because the server or network failed or because the format is not supported."

I attached one I took though. It shows what happens when I press the Play button.

Elizabeth Katz

I cleared my cache. (I know it worked because I had to sign in again to view this page. ) I made sure I was at 100%.  Still... the problem remains.  BUT I had a coworker with the exact same set up test  the links you sent and she does not see the Flash. It works as expected. I'm thinking we should chalk this up as an unexplained phenomena that only I will experience.  I don't want to waste any more of your time!

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.