Poor Video Resolution in Rise

I'm experiencing some poor video resolution in Rise. Original video files have much better resolution than when they're played back in Rise.  What frame sizes correspond to the small, medium, and full width video display options in Rise?  I'd like to render my videos to these dimensions.  Any other suggestions for improving video resolution in Rise?

5 Replies
Leslie McKerchie

Hi again Jamie!

Looks like I just responded to a similar question here, but that was in the Storyline forum, so I'll share my response here:

Rise courses are fully responsive, and they will adapt to screens and orientation.

We recommend using high-quality videos with a 16:9 aspect ratio for the best results in your published courses. You can read more about that here and here.

If you need us to take a look at a video file, please feel free to share.

Digital Learning

Hi Leslie,

I know this topic is a bit old, but we experience the same issue mentioned above.

I was wondering if there is anything we could do so our video has the same resolution in Rise than it has in the original (which has exactly the quality that is recommended).  

I checked the links you attached above and also searched in the forum but couldn't find any solution.

Our content is a bit confidential so I cannot upload a screenshot here.

Your help is very much appreciated :)