Rise360: Quiz Retry

Feb 01, 2024

Hi,

I have a Rise course with a final quiz with unlimited retries and a passing score of 80%.

If a user doesn't pass the quiz, they will see the "TRY AGAIN" option - that's perfect.

BUT if a user passes the quiz, they will still see the "TRY AGAIN" option, and it is ABOVE the "Continue" button (which makes the UX even worse) leaving users confused to whether they passed or have to retry/retake the quiz.

I can see comments about this issue 5 years ago - so why is this feature still not implemented in Rise? @Articulate360
Is there a reason why this is not prioritised?

Did anyone in the community come up with work-arounds or solutions? For this case I cannot simple remove the "TRY AGAIN" text in the label settings (so only the icon appears), as I am using this to give the user some info if they fail (as Rise for some reason doesn't have an option to add text on me quiz end screen either)

5 Replies
Jose Tansengco

Hi Kim,

Happy to chime in! I understand where you're coming from. Having the "TAKE AGAIN" button always appear at the end of the quiz could cause some confusion, especially for learners who have already passed and completed it.

I can confirm that this is a feature request that we are currently tracking. We don't have any new updates to share, but I went ahead and added your voice to the report so we can notify you as soon as it makes it to our product roadmap!

Kerrie Wilson

It appears that this has been an issue for over 5 years and isn't even on the "product roadmap" yet. I have created a quiz but even when scoring 100% all I get is "Take again". Its not logical to make a learner take a quiz again that they have already completed with a perfect score yet they can't move through the course as the "continue" buton is not appearing, please see attached screenshots. Happy to get some advice on how to make this work as my only option at the moment is to remove the quiz so the learner can move forward in the course.

Juliane Gregersen

Did you find a work around?

I'm also experiencing problems with the quiz.

I made a quiz in the beginning of the learning with the purpose of stating to the users "hey, pass this quiz and you don't need to read the rest of the learning", but if they fail they get stuck in the quiz-loop and can't continue. If the pass they can continue and read the learning... But it is not the intention.

Maybe it can't be done and I need a different way to get this done. Find a work around or split it up in our LMS to keep the quiz and learning separate.