Rise360 to PDF Export

Apr 30, 2021

Hello everyone,

I need my Rise360 courses to be exported as PDF files in order for our editor to be able to work with them. When I export the course to PDF, I can find it in my downloads as usual, but when I open the file I can neither save nor print it.

Every time I try to save the PDF file an error message pops up telling me Das Dokument konnte nicht gespeichert werden. Eine Zahl liegt außerhalb des zuständigen Wertebereichs. (The document could not be saved. A number is/lies beyond the domain.) and when I try to print it the error message says Fehler auf dieser Seite. Die Seite wird unter Umständen nicht richtig in Acrobat angezeigt. Wenden Sie sich an den Ersteller des PDF-Dokuments, um das Problem zu beheben. (There is an error on this page. The page may not be displayed correctly within Acrobat. To solve the problem, please contact the creator of the PDF file.)

I now copied and pasted all of the course's text content into a Word document and created an additional Review link, which may work as a workaround for now, but to me is no long-term solution.

Can anyone help?

Thank you.

2 Replies
Renz Sevilla

Hi Alina! Sounds like you're having some trouble with the Adobe Acrobat reader and how PDFs are saved and opened on your computer.

If you've been able to download the file, try using and opening it with a browser such as Google Chrome.

1. Right-click > Rename the original pdf

2. Open with > Google Chrome.

3. Print > Save as PDF

Please let us know if this works for you!