SCORM file compatibility

Apr 03, 2024

We are currently dealing with an issue where a 3rd party that we are sending a SCORM file to in Germany are not able to successfully upload it to their LMS, citing an error message about missing manifest file despite the manifest file being there. We have tested the SCORM file on our LMS and it works as normal. 

Has anyone else found issues with uploading to LMS based in Germany and should there be any difference?  

2 Replies
Russell Engoran

I have not experienced that issue but here are my thoughts if it helps.

A SCORM course would typically be a zipped package of files, including the imsmanifest.xml file. When you attempt to import a SCORM package into an LMS, it expects the imsmanifest file to be in a specific location, which is the main root of the package. Most LMS systems will check only in the root for the file, and if it is not in the right place, will give up and say it is missing.

This could be the reason for your issue. Make sure the file is in the root of the package you are sending. Or check to see that they are not altering the package you send them in any way (like unzipping to test, then re-zipping themselves).

I hope that helps.
Russ