Setting lessons as mandatory and optional within a course

Oct 24, 2017

Hi, I'm developing a course in Rise and I wanted to know if there is a way to set the majority of lessons as 'mandatory ' (in a restricted order) while leaving one lesson (a glossary) that would be freely accessible at any time, and also not contributing to completion. Thanks!

7 Replies
Kaitlyn Romberg

This would also be helpful for a course I'm developing and currently plan to put in two separate courses because I don't think this is an option yet. In my case there is information about a technical roll out that is mandatory for the audience to view, and there is additional information that is optional (productivity hacks/tips and tricks, etc.). 

Crystal Horn

Hi there, Diana. When exporting your course for LMS, you can choose to mark the course complete by viewing a certain percentage. If you set this percentage very low, you could have free navigation throughout the course with the choice not to view all of the lessons.

You can also include the option for learners to mark unfinished lessons as complete.

Would those ideas work for you?

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.