Sharing Rise Question Banks With EXTERNAL Teams

Nov 25, 2022

Hi group

If I created a Rise course as part of a team subscription (let's call it Team A's subscription), I think I'm right in saying that I could share the course with another external team (let's call them Team B) either by inviting a Team B member to be a collaborator or by Sending a copy to a Team B member. Please correct me if I'm wrong on that point.

My main question, however, is about sharing any Question Banks that the Rise course might rely on. I can't see any way of getting the Question Banks from my Team A subscription into Team B's.

So, if I were to create a Rise course that contained Question Bank questions as a Team A member, but I did it as a favour to Team B, I could give them ownership of the course but not the course's Question Banks. Is that correct?

Thanks for any insight you can provide. 

PeteB

9 Replies
Pete Brown

#Mariane, I took a peek and it looks like nothing's changed at this time. Sadly, I can't see that you can even print the questions out to manually transpose them or even do a bulk import.

One option to share the questions might be to put the questions into a Storyline project and then insert that Storyline question 'chunk' into the Rise course as a Storyline block. I THINK (?) that if you then shared the Rise project with the other team that the Storyline element (i.e., the questions) would go across with it?

If you give it a go, it'd be interesting to hear the outcome.

Pete Brown

That is true, but the source Storyline could be shared with (i.e., given/emailed to etc) the second team and edited and easily re-inserted into the Rise block if necessary - assuming that the sharing would work as I suspect it would.

It'd be less than ideal, but perhaps better than the no option currently available natively in Rise. Especially if we're talking about a lot of questions that might have to be manually transposed into the second team's question bank.

Anyway, just an option to consider.

Samira Baumann

Hi everyone, I just wanted to add an additional voice to this discussion. I'd also appreciate if Articulate would make it possible to send question banks to other accounts. 

Right now, I'm not able to send my customer "their" questions. I didn't realize that this would be an issue as sending rise courses is super easy. I just assumed I could do the same with the question banks.