Single page rise course

Jan 29, 2018

I'm brand new to Rise and wondering if is it possible to have a single page rise course that skips the Home/title page and goes right into the content? What I'm trying to do is build a "course" that is just one page with embedded audio so that when the user launches the course they are presented with the audio player without having to click "Start course".

Also, it it possible to style the audio player? Thanks and sorry for the newbie questions.

4 Replies
Alyssa Gomez

Hi Kevin!

First off, no apologies necessary! That's what this community is all about--asking questions!

I have some ideas for you, but I'd like to know a bit more about how you plan to deploy this course. Do you plan on using a learning management system to track completion data, or do you simply need to send a URL to learners to view (with no tracking)?

Andres Diaz

Hi Alyssa / Rise staff, 

I have the same question. I'm looking to deploy several courses on the LMS (and track them there). Our LMS is set up with a page that says "start course" already and that can't be changed or else it will change all other set ups for other courses in the LMS. 

I'd like to make it so that once they click "start course" in the LMS, that they go directly into the course to skip the home page (removing one extra step). The courses just have a video and pdf in them. 

Any way to do this? 

Andres

Rory Sacks

Andres and Kevin,

With my experience there is no way to avoid the 'start course' button. What you can do though is:

• In the settings change the text of 'Start Course' to something that is more appropriate so that this phrase is not duplicated (this is done through Labels in Settings). In the past we have changed it to various things such as 'start lesson'
  • Change the course navigation to 'Restricted' > choose not to show the sidebar > turn off lesson count.

Doing all these steps will make the course '1 page' as the learner will never know there are multiple lessons and cannot navigate around.