SL/Rise 360 SCORM issue?: SL 360 block interaction "Done" button completes entire module.

Apr 16, 2019

Hello Heroes and Articulate staff experts,

I need help by early next week (April 22+, 2019) if possible. This program is due to launch soon.

I have inserted several different SL 360 interactions in Rise 360 program modules. At no time is any interaction at the end of a module. When a learner clicks the "Done" button in an interaction, Rise sends them back to the LMS rather than simply triggering the Rise Continue button as desired.

For each interaction

• The Rise Continue button is configured to "compete block directly above"
  • Each SL Done button includes both "Exit Course" and "Complete Course" triggers. 

Button behavior

• When a module is tested as an Articulate 360 course in Articulate 360 Review, the interactions behave as desired - the Done button triggers the Continue button in the module.
  • In both SCORM 1.2 and 2004(v4) published versions of the Rise 360 modules, the Done button completes the entire module and exits to the LMS.

Tech info:

• Rise 360 = current version
  • SL 360  = interactions were created using SL versions current for the last 6 months
  • SCORM 1.2 and 2004(v4)
  • LMS = Bridge online (by Instructure) 

1 Reply
Anthony Karcz

Hi, Becki! What I believe is happening here is the Exit Course trigger on your Storyline 360 button is doing what you're asking of it and, well, closing the course. 

Your learners progressing through the Storyline block is enough to trigger the Rise 360 continue button. Try removing the Exit Course trigger on your Storyline 360 buttons and you should see the behavior you're looking for. 

Let me know if that works and if there's anything else I can do for you.

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.