38 Replies
smartfox Admin

We have problems displaying sorting activity on mobile phones. Longer texts are truncated or a part of the word is no longer visible (screenshots attached). I tested it with an ios and an android device, both had problems. Do you have any ideas on what it could be? Thanks in advance :)

Allison LaMotte

Hi Leonie,

Thanks for reaching out! Unfortunately, due to space constraints, learners may not see the entire text in sorting activities on smaller screens. Check out this article for more details.

I had a look at your screenshots and it seems like you may be using a custom font. I tested it out on my end using the default font and I'm able to see 3 lines of text. If you can, I would use a different font or make the font size smaller.

Let me know if you have any other questions.

smartfox Admin

Hi Allison,

thanks for your quick reply. We used a default font as well. As far as I can see, there isn't an option to making the font size smaller within the sorting activity, is it? 

We tested it on different phones (iPhone, Samsung, Honor) and in review as well and we had the same problem in any case.

We think, the problem is, that the Text isn't responsive enough to fit in the sorting activity frames on phones.

Do you have any other suggestions?

Thanks in advance :)

Allison LaMotte

Hi Leonie,

You're correct, there's no way to change the font size. Sorry for leading you astray! That being said, depending on the font you're using, it can appear larger or smaller even though it's technically the same size. 

Unfortunately, the only way to fix this is to use a different font that appears smaller or to shorten your text.

Let me know if you have any other questions.

Articulate 10

SORTING - Is there no way to just allow the learner to sort WITHOUT a grade (pass/fail - right/wrong) I have a reflection activity where I want them to sort cards by how they are feeling... it's an exercise that doesn't need to be graded or have any kind of output. It is simply for them to THINK.

Alyssa Gomez

Hello, Articulate 10! 

That's a cool interaction! Since the sorting block requires right/wrong answers, you may want to try another block type. Here are some ideas for you:

• Use a checkbox list block: "Select any options from the list that make life harder for you."
  • Use a flashcard block: "Flip any cards that make life feel harder for you"
  • Use a Storyline block, and design the interaction to mimic the sorting block, but with no right/wrong answers.

Hopfully that sparks some inspiration!