Speaking with a RISE 360 consultant

May 25, 2021

Hi

I am working on a project to build a business case for the usage of Rise 360 in my organization. We currently deliver PPT based courses which we package using the Storyline 360 PPT plugin to make them LMS ready.

There are a few concerns from the organization relating Rise 360 usage. The questions/concerns relate to the following areas:

1. Viability of Rise 360 for classroom delivery. We develop only one set of materials for both self-study and instructor-led courses. Rise 360 is great for self-study but has it been or can it be used for classroom delivery?

2. Per user licensing cost of Rise 360 and time to ramp up a resource who will develop with or help with course development using Rise 360.

3. Export formats - PDF, web, others?

A unique requirement within my organization is that we would like to offer PPT based content for "non-education" folks in the company who may wish to modify the core content for their own delivery, but won't necessarily have a Rise 360 license. Is there a viable or clever workaround to this requirement?

4. Translation features in Rise 360.

I realize that these are not very easy questions to answer in a community thread but I would appreciate any ideas that people might have from their experiences using Rise 360. It would also be really useful to speak to an Articulate consultant who might be able to give me more focused advice!

My org already has a full Articulate 360 subscription for Edu teams.

Thank you very much,

Kanika 

1 Reply
Alyssa Gomez

Hello, Kanika! You've asked some excellent questions, so let's dive in!

1. Has Rise 360 been used for classroom delivery?

Yes! Check out this article on how to use Rise for instructor-led training. There's even a sample Rise 360 course in that article to demonstrate how you might format a course that will be used as a presentation. 

And don't miss this list of 10 things you can create with Rise 360 instead of an e-learning course. 
  2. Per user licensing cost of Rise 360 and time to ramp up a resource who will develop with or help with course development using Rise 360.

Rise 360 is included with your Articulate 360 subscription, so you won't need to pay extra for access to Rise 360. Just like Storyline 360, Rise 360 is licensed per-user. 

And because Rise 360 takes all the guesswork out of course authoring, learning to use the tool is a breeze! Simply choose your blocks and insert content, and you can create a beautifully designed course in minutes. 

Here are a few resources tailored for new Rise 360 authors:
    Inside Rise 360: How Web Authoring Is Different
    3 Things You’re Making in PowerPoint That You Can Make Even Faster (& Better!) in Rise 360
    Rise 360: Insider Tips & Tricks
  3. Export formats - PDF, web, others?

You can read all about the various Rise 360 export formats here. While there isn't a direct Rise 360 to PowerPoint conversion, you could easily copy the content from a PDF document and paste it into a PowerPoint presentation!
  4. Translation features in Rise 360.

Rise 360 has a 4-step translation process. You'll want to use a translation tool specifically for XLIFF files to translate your course.  Lots of people in the community have had success with a free tool called SmartCat, so you may want to give that one a try! 

Enjoy exploring Rise 360, and let us know if you have any more questions along the way!