Storyline Block - Free Response Question

Apr 18, 2023

Hello, 

I have created a Rise360 course and need to include an ungraded free response question. This type of question is not available in Rise, so I have created a Storyline file using a text entry question to embed into the course.

My question is, where would we find the answers learners are typing in for this free response question? I published to our LMS to test this, but could not find any responses. Any help or tips and tricks would be appreciated!  

3 Replies
Angelo Cruz

Hello Kristen! Thanks for reaching out.

You can track quiz scores from Storyline embedded in a Storyline block in Rise. However, sending question-level data from a Storyline block to your LMS is not supported.

We have been receiving multiple requests for adding a Survey Knowledge Check block in Rise that does not require correct/incorrect answers. We can add you to that list and notify you if we make changes that will help.

If you need an ungraded essay or free response questions, you can embed a third-party survey tool in your Rise course to obtain the learner's feedback. I hope this helps.