Storyline block load time in Rise

What influence the load time (by the viewer) of a Storyline block in Rise? I noticed in the preview, sometimes a simple Storyline block, consisting only one slide and several shapes with drag and drop, but it takes a while to load. Is that the internet speed, or there is something in the design that I can do to 'lighten' the load time?

I am not sure if this is a Rise question or Storyline question.

6 Replies
Alyssa Gomez

Hi Andreas! 

This article explains how Storyline slides are preloaded, and that includes Storyline blocks. If you're seeing slow loading, it could be due to a poor internet connection. I would suggest testing the Share link on several computers to see if there's any improvement in speed. We're happy to help you test that if you'd like to open a case. 

Crystal Horn

You're welcome, Andreas. When you publish your Storyline 360 interaction to Review 360, you can adjust the quality settings.

Higher values give you higher-quality output but also larger file sizes (which means longer download times). Lower values give you smaller file sizes and faster download times, but the visual and audio quality will be lower as well.

Tip: Image compression only applies to JPG files.