Storyline Block with Video is not playing automatially in Rise 360-even though I have it set to play when the timeline starts.

Aug 26, 2021

Hi ELH,

I have a Storyline Block with a Video. I have it set to play immediately when the timeline starts, and when it finishes, there is a reply button. When I preview or publish for review, the video plays automatically verytime. BUT, for my co-worker, it is not playing automatically in Rise 360. He always get's a black screen with a play button.

I can't figure out why this is the case. I am on a PC using Chrome. They are on a Mac using Chrome. Is this a browser based setting? Have you seen this. 

6 Replies
Gren Foronda

Hi Neal!

The feature of auto-playing audio and video isn't available in Rise. Users must click the play button to start an audio or video file. This is why embedded Storyline 360 content is not automatically starting in the Rise 360 course. Also, most web and phone browsers actually prevent auto-play of media; it needs to be user-initiated.

We're monitoring these requests for this feature, and we'll let you know if we decide to allow autoplay in future updates of Rise 360.