Storyline Try Screencast not autoplaying in RISE

Feb 14, 2022

Hello, 

I created a return demonstration screen recording in Storyline placed it in Rise (Interactive block -> Storyline).  However, the block will not autoplay when the user reaches that point in the module.  The name of the SL interaction appears with a Playbutton.  I've searched eLearning Heroes for a solution to my problem, but I'm not finding an answer.  I could find how to STOP the autoplay, and I tried to reverse the advice to make it work, but for some reason, my block is not set up to autoplay. (Tried adding a continue button - did not work, tried adding a trigger to play when the timeline starts - did not work).

Any advice is appreciated. 

3 Replies
Hazel Bartolome

Hi Vickie! Storyline blocks that contain audio or video in the first slide autoplay in Firefox and Microsoft Edge. They don't autoplay in the latest version of Chrome or Safari, or in mobile browsers, due to browser restrictions.  

Thanks for letting us know that you need this option in Rise. I've taken note of it and we'll update this thread if we make changes!

Lisa Blasdell

I am finding the opposite result from what you mentioned above regarding Chrome. I am currently using Chrome Version 100.0.4896.75 (Official Build) (64-bit) and I've loaded my Storyline interactive block into a Rise360 course - then I've loaded the Rise course into our LMS. 

I am getting 2 different results both of which I used the Chrome browser for

Result 1 - Preview of Rise course on Review360.

Videos do not autoplay - so I thought I was good to publish & move to our LMS.  I thought i read somewhere that Storyline blocks would not play automatically until full published, but I could be wrong. Because the videos did not auto-play in Review360, I thought it would act the same when placed in the LMS.

Result 2 - Inside our LMS (our course will live here)

When I play our course from our LMS in Chrome - all of our Storyline videos/screencasts etc. autoplay even if my browser window isn't scrolled down to where the video is located on the screen. I want the ability to turn this "auto-play" on or off depending on slide needs without having to add triggers, etc. to the Storyline blocks. 

Any thoughts? Thank you!!