SVG file not showing correctly when sharing

Sep 20, 2022

Hi

I tried uploading images as a png file but the text was blurry so I uploaded them as svg files but when I share the link or even in preview some of the image is missing (image 1). The image shows up when I click zoom (image 1 zoomed in) but it disappears when I go back to normal size.

I used an image for a labeled graphic (image 2) and it doesn't have the option to zoom therefore there is no way to see the image.

It also isn't always the same images that don't show up properly. The ones I've attached work sometimes but not other times.

I know it isn't a wifi issue because I was using my direct line.

I would appreciate any assistance.

Paula

7 Replies
Tom Kuhlmann

From what it looks like, you have bitmap images inside your .svg file. The .svg format is a vector. Most likely that's why you're running into issues with how they display.

If you're running into issues with blurry text, there may be an easier work around depending on the resolution of the image you use.

Paula Neuman

Thanks Tom. So if I change the images within the slides I'm having trouble with that should solve the problem? Ive already created all the slides for this course that I want to import as images.

Sorry for the double messages on the discussion panel. I thought maybe more info would help.

Paula

Get Outlook for Android

Tom Kuhlmann

I assume you're creating the images in PowerPoint. If so, do this:

• double up the slide size. For example, I'd make the slide size 32"x18". When you save it, the slide resolution will be much higher. You can always make the slides larger to increase the resolution.
  • save as .png and add _noprocess_ to the file name*
  • when you insert into Rise, the image will not be compressed and you should see it more clearly.  You can play around with different image sizes.

If you'd like an image to keep its specific file format and not undergo compression, you can opt-out of image optimization on a case-by-case basis. Just add _NOPROCESS_ to the name of your image file. It'll upload and display exactly as you saved it. Keep in mind that file size limits still apply.

A file named car.png would become car_NOPROCESS_.png.