Tables - can't format

Jul 22, 2021

So ... you can't change the padding around table borders? And you can't select an entire table to change the text format, you have to change each individual cell, one at a time?

Why? And also, why?

7 Replies
Carl Fink

Am I correct that there is no way to make table borders invisible in Rise? I see no option to set them to zero thickness or white (or any other) color.

This is utterly trivial to do in HTML, why would you not add that as a menu option in Rise? If you are using a normal programming environment, it would be one line of code for your developers. OK, maybe 5 lines. Add an option to your popup-panel-non-menu that appears inside tables, the menu for border appearance, that says "invisible" or "none". Leave it visible in the editor, but not in Preview or when published. 

Carl Fink

Wow. It appears two screens away from the viewport, so it's totally invisible to the user?

On behalf of my fellow GUI designers: DON'T DO THAT! Do not hide the things we are looking for several screens away from what we are able to see. At least scroll the window to reveal it!

Thank you, Karl.

Carl Fink

I have to say, that "auto popup menu panel thingy" is not my favorite GUI control of all time.

It can't be moved or relocated, it can't even be easily dismissed in many cases, it appears in very inconvenient places 90% of the time, even when you don't need it (because it just pops up, it does not have to be invoked). These problems could be eliminated by using the industry-standard "right click produces a popup menu" interface, or putting a toolbar on the Rise window instead. You could eliminate the ability of the nonstandard panel thingy to sit on top of the text I'm trying to see, or disappear off the edge of the screen, by letting me tether it to one of the sides of the window.  I point out for the record that with most development environments, including good JavaScript libraries, this would required only about four lines of code.