Text edit features randomly stop working on Rise 360

Feb 15, 2023

This has been an issue for me for a while now, and I'm just now making a post about it to see if anyone else has the same issue. As I'm working on a course in Rise, the text edit features will randomly stop working. For instance, if I highlight a sentence, then go to press the Bold button, the text edit feature box just disappears and nothing happens to the text. I have not figured out how to replicate this issue, but it happens multiple times on a daily basis. The only way to fix it is to refresh the screen.

Has anyone else experienced this?

5 Replies
Jose Tansengco

Hello Lisa and Karl, 

Sorry to hear that you experienced this behavior while working in Rise 360. 

I'm not seeing the behavior happen on my end, which means that the issue might be erratic in nature. Please open a case with our support team here so we can take a closer look at your working environment. Having our support team work closely with you will help us identify what's causing the behavior to occur. 

Karl Muller

Hi Joe,

As you mentioned this is an erratic / random problem.

There are no steps to follow to consistently recreate this problem, so there is no point in opening a support case as it cannot be reproduced at will.

The problem is experienced by different team members working in different locations.  So not specific to a PC, network, VPN, internet connection etc.

30 years experience as a software developer leads me to believe this is an intermittent bug in the editor that appears only under unknown conditions.