Text formatting and placement in Image and Text blocks

Dec 13, 2022

Hi all:

I'm finding that my text entries look strange next to images when I use the image & text blocks in my courses.  It sometimes looks like it's attempting to the align the last line of text with the bottom of the image, sometimes looks like its centering the text with the image, but the end result is almost always rather odd looking and seems to waste quite a bit of space.

Additionally, there doesn't seem to be any way to control the margins or side padding of the text portion of the block.

Am I missing a way to have more control over the way the text displays next to the image in this particular block?  It's a necessary tool for lots of my courses but it just ends up looking kinda silly.

1 Reply
Alyssa Gomez

Hi there, Micah!

Have you included any hard returns (manually pressing Enter or Shift +Enter) in your Image and Text blocks? If so, you may notice the text looks misaligned depending on the dimensions of the web browser window you're using. 

You may also want to try adjusting the image size, as that will affect the way the text is aligned in relation to the image.

We will let you know if we add more text alignment options in the future!