Text-to-Speech improvements usable in Rise?

Jan 16, 2024

Am excited about the improvements to Text-to-Speech voice quality. Can these be used in Rise, for example if the block is developed in Storyline and then imported?

2 Replies
Jose Tansengco

Hello Katie, 

Thanks for reaching out!

Yes, you can definitely build a Storyline 360 project with text-to-speech audio that uses the new speech synthesis markup language (SSML) tags and embed it in your Rise 360 course. The embedded project should still sound the same as if it were published directly in Storyline 360, including the language enhancements from the newly introduced SSML tags.

Dena Poppe

Hi!

I create the audio file in Storyline and then export the audio. Then, I go into Rise and add an audio media block.

I'm intentional about how I create the Storyline. I create a slide for each Rise chapter and then label the layer to indicate the section of the audio. This makes it easy when the customer comes back with edits. I can easily find the file I need to update.

I'm attaching a screenshot of how I added the audio to Rise. If anyone has a better suggestion please let me know! This was my first idea.

Thanks!