Text Variables/Snippets in Rise 360?

Feb 08, 2022

Hello,

Rise 360 is the primary authoring tool my team uses for eLearning development. I will be working on some content where the product name is still TBD. We have a tentative name, but it still needs to go through the full vetting process. For now, I plan on using the tentative name. In case this name does change, is there a way in Rise 360 that I can insert a variable (like in Adobe FrameMaker) or a snippet (like in MadCap Flare) that I can define and use, and then when I redefine the variable/snippet later, the change cascades throughout the course where the variable/snippet is used? Or do I need to manually search for the text entries and make the changes? The former would be much better! :-)

TIA!

John

5 Replies
Hazel Po

Hi Karl,

Is there a way to submit an enhancement request (or has this already been logged as an enhancement request) for Rise 360? I would be great if we have a capability to use a centralized variable repository to quickly update things like product names or links/references to other content. 

Thoughts?

Thanks in advance!

Hazel

Hazel Po

Hi Karl,

Thanks for this link - I've submitted this enhancement request. Outside of Storyline, are variables or a central variable repository a feature available in other Articulate products? Does Articulate 360 have the capability to centralize variables and propagate variable value updates to Rise 360 content?

Thanks in advance!
Hazel