3 Replies
Jose Tansengco

Hi Bernadette,

Happy to help!

Adding captions to videos is fully supported in Rise 360. Here's how you can add captioning to videos that you add in Rise 360: 

Captioning however isn't supported for audio files. If you need to add captioning to audio files, check out my colleague Alyssa's workaround here. Let me know if this is the transcript feature that you were asking about!

Jose Tansengco

Hi Bernadette,

Happy to help!

Adding captions to videos is fully supported in Rise 360. Here's how you can add captioning to videos that you add in Rise 360: 

Captioning however isn't supported for audio files. If you need to add captioning to audio files, check out my colleague Alyssa's workaround here. Let me know if this is the transcript feature that you were asking about!

Rachel Miller

Thank you, Jose, but my company treats transcripts and CC as different things. We have CC on our videos, yes, but to be fully compliant, we also need a download link to add a text file of the full video transcript. This is used with assistive devices primarily; for example, some people have auditory processing needs that require them to read the transcript at a different pace than the video to understand it, and others might be both visually and hearing impaired, and can use this file with a braille machine. At the moment, it looks like the only way to share such a file is to host it somewhere else and use the button to link to the url, or use the giant file download link interaction (I personally don't like using something so large for something that not everyone will be accessing).

I think this is what the OP was asking for. I hope that helps answer her question, based on what I've been able to find.