Translated XLIFF File will not Import into Rise 360

Oct 24, 2022

I duplicated a course, exported the XLIFF file. We do not have a translation tool, therefore changed the XLF file to a Doc file, manually completed a translation while maintaining the format/structure of the file.  Saved the file as an XLF file and when attempting to import the translated file the tool remains at the "processing translation status" I have attempted several times, the longest the status has spun is approximately 30mins before I exited the tool. 

12 Replies
Melissa Eubanks

I also noticed that the exports have an additional phrase that Does NOT exist in our trainings.  The phrase is embedded at the mid-way point and reads " 

“When we show up to the present moment with all of our senses, we invite the world    to fill us with joy. The pains of the past are behind us. The future has yet to unfold. But    the now is full of beauty simply waiting for our attention.”

Very Odd. 

Lea Agato

Hi Richard, 

I'm sorry to hear that you're having difficulty importing your XLIFF translation into Rise. You mentioned that even uploading the original file does not work.  Have you tried downloading a fresh version of the translation file, and do you still run into the same issue?  If you still get the same issue, please open a support case here. Our Customer Support Engineers will work with you directly to troubleshoot the problem. Thanks!

Theresa Richard

We were having the same Processing issue - One of our developers was able to resolve it by making sure the translation source document was pulled directly from the version you are importing the translation file into.  Ex - We did a Save-as with "Japan" - but sent the source file from the original - not the Save-as Japan version and it would not load.  We went back to the original, saved an English backup copy - then uploaded the Japan translation to the original - and it worked instantaneously.  Hope this helps others.  Good luck