TRANSLATION

Jun 23, 2020

Hi!

I'd need some help to translate easily and rapidely a french RISE Module into an English one.

I've followed the first 2 instructions (duplication and export into XLIFF file) but I am blocked at the 2nd step:I don't know how to use this file to translate it.

Thanks for your help!

OR

3 Replies
Alyssa Gomez

Hi, Olivier!

An XLIFF file is a special XML file commonly used for translating content. You'll want to use a web app, computer program, or professional translation service to edit your XLIFF file.

I don't have a particular XLIFF translator tool to recommend, but I'll open the floor for the community to share their recommendations with you!

Cass Netzley

Hi Oliver,

This might be too late for your needs, but I encourage you to take a look at this handy application that utilizes Amazon Web Services (AWS) for translations of all kinds. It's geared specifically to work with SL and Rise. I've tested both and we've been using it as a baseline for translating large projects. Super helpful and cost-effective. It works with XLFF exports and the developer is quick to respond if you run into any roadblocks/need help.

Hero Translate: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/p/herotranslate/9njgfwghwvkb

Cheers!

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.