Translation Suggestion for Rise

May 06, 2019

Hi all! I have multiple Rise projects that need to be translated into different languages using an in-house translation team. The problem is that the team requires a Word document rather than a XLIFF file. In Storyline, this was easy since it was an option for translation. However, Rise does not appear to have this option. Does anyone have a workaround for this? Or does anyone have suggestions on what I can do to get the course into a Word document, so I can even copy and paste translated material without messing up the order?

Thanks!

2 Replies
Merith Adams

Same. Translations are huge within my company. 

Nicole, I'm wondering if you can export the course as a PDF and then use Acrobat to turn it into a Word document?

I can do this as a workaround, but copying and pasting from a word document into a new version of a Rise course is time-consuming and the margin for error is high.

Is it possible to copy a Rise course into Storyline? I hear Storyline has this translation issue figured out.

It would be great to export the English text, and then import the translated text to automatically replace the former for Rise courses.

Allison LaMotte

Hi Nicole,

Currently there's no way to export Rise translations as a Word document. Would you be up for logging a feature request to tell us more about your specific needs?

As a side note, I wanted to mention that we don't recommend trying to manually translate the XLIFF files as we've found that many people run into issues when they do that. XLIFF files are complex and often people don't replace the necessary text in order for the translation to import correctly. XLIFF files are meant to be translated using translation software. You can find free software online that allows you to translate them.

In the meantime, if there’s anything else I can do to help, please let me know! 

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.