Turn off sending quiz answers to LMS?

Feb 01, 2020

I'm exporting to SCORM 1.2 from Rise and importing into a course on Litmos LMS with the ability to view offline in the Litmos mobile app, but when I try to view it offline in the Litmos mobile app it keeps crashing at the end of a quiz, saying "The page at 'file://' says: A fatal error has occurred, communication with the server has been lost." My guess is that the quiz is trying to send data to the LMS even though I already have it set to just track by progress, and actually found this FAQ on Articulate Support: 

When a course is set to track by progress, are quiz answers still sent to my LMS?

Quiz answers are reported to your LMS when you track by progress, but without a score.

So my question is, is there a way to disable this so quiz answers aren't sent to the LMS when I'm tracking by progress? I'm assuming not, but thought I'd check.

2 Replies
Shiloh Silverman

Well hopefully there's a cleaner way, but I was able to at least get it to work by commenting out the Javascript lines to send the quiz answers to the LMS, like this one:

recorder = LMSProxy.RecordMultipleChoiceInteraction;

It'll be a bit of a pain, since I'll have to export to SCORM, extract the files from the zip, comment out those three lines, save it and re-zip it, but better than having to create a whole new quiz in Storyline (or some other solution).

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.