Upload Rise to Wordpress Enterprise site

Jul 25, 2019

We have close to a year's worth of short courses developed and ready to upload to our website. 

Unfortunately, mid-year our organization switched over to a Wordpress Enterprise site hosted on Pantheon and we cannot upload our completed files. We were told by Pantheon the problem is: the upload path and its multi-server architecture on the live and test environments.

We did try the elearningfreak app which unfortunately did not work for our situation. We did work with the developer to try to solve the problem but hit a roadblock. Pantheon has not been particularly helpful. I cannot believe we may lose all of this work but we cannot figure out how to get this content on to our website.  Has anyone encountered this and come up with a solution?

We are a nonprofit and these are trainings on building inclusive workplaces. Obviously, as a nonprofit (and not selling the content), we don't have unlimited resources. 

Anyone encounter this and find a solution??

3 Replies
Crystal Horn

Hi there, Amelia. I'm really sorry you're dealing with this challenge. Inclusivity is important to us, too.

As an alternative, Amazon S3 offers free hosting with generous usage limits. If you go over your limit, you'll be charged a small fee. See this video tutorial by Tom Kuhlmann to learn more about Amazon S3.

If you host your Rise 360 output using Amazon S3, you'll have a link to each course you can include on your main site. It will probably open in a new browser tab or window if you hyperlink to the course.

I'm not familiar with configuring a Wordpress Enterprise site, but you may also be able to embed the S3-hosted content in the site using an iframe so learners can view the courses without leaving your site. You'll want to talk to Pantheon support about whether and how that's possible.

I hope that helps!

Pankaj Agrawal

Hi Amelia, 

Do you know the details of the actual issue, I mean the reason this is happening?

If you have access to the server environment it should be possible to fix it either with the existing tools you are using or with alternative tools like GrassBlade xAPI Companion. 

You can also DM me. 

Pankaj
(from GrassBlade) 

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.