Uploading Course Cover Image to Rise

Nov 08, 2017

I have spent hours trying to create and upload a course cover image that provides some branding to the course. Either the image isn't centered correctly, and part of it is lopped off, or the quality of the image degrades, even though it is a high res image. I've attached the image I'm trying to use.

Any suggestions?

7 Replies
Alyssa Gomez

Hi Cindy,

Thanks for sharing the image you're trying to use! The size of that image (750x300) is small for a cover photo. You're gong to see some bluriness because it has to scale up to fit the area. Do you have access to the same image with larger dimensions? 

Since Rise is responsive, images may be cut off in different places as they adapt to different devices and orientations. Follow these best practices when working with media in Rise.

Key takeaways:

• We recommend using the highest quality images possible and letting Rise optimize them for web delivery.
  • It's a good idea to use images where important details won't be lost if the edges are cropped.
  • The maximum file size for each image you upload to Rise is 5 GB.

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.