Uploading to Articulate 360 from Sharepoint

Jul 11, 2023

There are numerous questions about embedding Articulate content on Sharepoint, but the company I work for is decommissioning our file servers and planning to move all documents to Sharepoint. At the moment, we can't upload anything from our Sharepoint into any of our Articulate tools - is there a way to configure this?

6 Replies
Karl Muller

Hi Silva,

This is not a Rise problem.

To access SharePoint, you need to be logged into your company network.

If you are hosting your Rise courses in a LMS, you may be using a third party LMS that is hosted outside your organization firewall / network.

In most cases, any requests to access SharePoint that come from outside your organization firewall / network will be blocked by the SharePoint security policy.

That's the case for our organization: because we use an external LMS, we cannot access or link to any SharePoint documents in our Rise courses. 

Your department needs to work with your IT department to determine what is possible for your organization. 

Karl Muller

Hi Silva,

You can upload most MS Office files to a Rise course.

Download the document from SharePoint to your local computer.

Create a Multimedia / EMBED block in your Rise course.

Edit the Embed block, and select the SharePoint document from your local computer.

The document will be uploaded to your Rise course.

Silva Carver

Hi Karl

Thanks. We currently upload content from our file server drives, but our company is planning to decommission those and use ONLY Sharepoint. This is why I need to know if it is possible to upload content FROM Sharepoint directly to Rise, Storyline, etc. I don’t think it is, but I am looking for confirmation.

Many thanks,

Silva

Karl Muller

Hi Silva,

In our organization we cannot upload files to Rise directly from SharePoint. That's why we have to follow the download procedure I described above.

However, SharePoint in your organization may be setup differently, so what works for me may not work for you and vice versa.

Best confirmation method is to try it out and see what works for you.