19 Replies
Cathy Raymond

Is there a resolution to this issue ?

I have embedded a video that is 16:9 ration and it still pads with black borders around the video - it just looks sloppy.

This is the embed code :

<iframe width="1280" height="720" src="https://web.microsoftstream.com/embed/video/2b754536-99ac-4e11-b7ba-80b9b57cf96f?autoplay=false&amp;showinfo=true" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Epic Learning

I am having the same issue with an iframe embedded 16:9 video. I am getting a thin black border that disappears when the video ends. I have set an end-screen image that explains why the border could be disappearing when the video ends, but still does not explain the thin black frame. 

The frame is appearing regardless of the embed width size I have set in Rise. I have checked my after effects video file and there is no black frame or border in the file. 

Has anybody been able to find a fix for this issue? 

Angelo Cruz

Hello there! Are you seeing the black frame when the video is embedded from Vimeo or do you also get it even when you upload it to a Multimedia > Video block?

Would you be able to share the video file with us for testing? Our support engineers will be happy to take a closer look at this issue for you. You may upload the file directly to us by opening a case here.

Samira Baumann
Susan Jones

Can you please make an option to change the background colour behind videos transparent or a colour of our choice? The black bars look awful - mine are not 16:9 as they are screen captures of software and so both not consistent but also have to take into consideration scrolling mouse etc.

I have exactly the same issue as Susan and would really appreciate such a solution.

Jose Tansengco

Hello Samira,

Happy to help!

You can click the "Style" button in the video block during edit mode to select a background color for the block. 

I selected an image in my example above, but you are free to select any color you want. You can even enter the exact hex value of the background color of your video if you want the block background color to match.