Videos will not play back in Rise 360

Dec 07, 2021

Hi. I am new to Rise 360 and my .mp4 videos are not playing back. They appear to load but when I click play in preview it says "the media could not be loaded, either because the server or network failed or because the format is not supported." My co-worker who is previewing is getting the same error message.

These are video files housed on my desktop, averaging 30 MB and exported as 740. I've tried renaming the files and exporting to 1060. 

I have tried Chrome and Edge and have cleared my cache for both. 

If I cannot get them to work I will need to abandon using Rise, which I really love. Please help.

12 Replies
Lea Agato

HI Valaine!

I'm sorry you're having trouble uploading videos to your Rise lessons. We’ve identified some technical problems with one of our service providers which is causing issues in several Rise functions. You may experience intermittent errors when uploading content, like video files. You can stay up to date on the latest information on our status page here: 

https://www.articulatestatus.com/

We will let you know as soon as the situation is resolved!

Steven Zeller

Hello. I am having a similar problem and getting the same error message (please see attachment). Oddly enough, in this particular course 6 of the 8 short videos are working just fine, but two of them are giving the error message. They're all very similar videos in length and were created and exported at the same time. I'm grateful for any guidance you might be able to provide, as we have learners trying to complete the course today.

Angelo Cruz

Hi Serge!

There isn't a time limit for video playback in Rise. However, there is a size limit for media files in Rise which is 5GB.

What block are you using to insert your video file? Is it stored on your computer locally or hosted on a network or shared drive?

You may also share your file with us by opening a support case here. Our engineers are on standby to assist you in troubleshooting this issue.