Viewing student responses to Rise quiz in LMS

Aug 03, 2021

According to this page student responses to a Rise quiz are sent to the LMS. I'm using Canvas and importing Rise courses and quizzes as SCORM 1.2 packages. Am I able to see the student responses in Canvas? If so, how? If not, what is the point of sending the data?

7 Replies
warren allen

I should have been more detailed in my post.

• My Rise course has a quiz, and the export is set to track using quiz result with the quiz selected.
  • I have exporting the course as SCORM 2004 v2, v3, and v4, and I've tried the old 1.2 and I've tried cmi5.
  • I import the quiz into Canvas as a graded assignment, publish it, and then take the quiz as the Canvas Test student.
  • The score is correctly reported, but nothing except "No Preview Available" appears in Canvas SpeedGrader regardless of the SCORM version I use.

I understand this may be yet another Articulate vs. Canvas thing. I'm just hoping it's not and I've just missed something along the way.

Edit: I have tested the Rise export with SCORM Cloud and the student answers appear. in the detailed activity report.

Renz Sevilla

Hi Warren! Thanks for reaching out! 

That's correct, to get Question Level data you would need to publish your Rise 360 course for cm5, SCORM 2004, or xAPI

Glad to hear you were able to test on SCORM Cloud and see the answers! You may need to check in with Canvas to see how the data sent is interpreted by their LMS.

Isaash Mead

But without recording anything or transmitting any data - could I see the results? I'm a teacher and I want to do a conference interesting conference about Driving Forces of European Imperialism in Africa with the help of this source: https://papersowl.com/examples/driving-forces-of-european-imperialism-in-africa/ but besides that I want to make a poll with the help of Articulate, this will consist in the fact that students will have to vote when and about what concretely will be spoken at this conference.

Eric Santos

Hi Derrick,

Welcome to the E-Learning Heroes Community! I'm happy to hear that you love Rise 360! Check out our Rise 360 User Guide to learn more about this great authoring tool.

Also, I wanted to invite you to our tips and tricks webinars. Once each month at 11 am ET, our training team hops on a live call to answer top questions from our customers.

It's super casual (and they're super smart!), so it's a great place to get expert tips and answers to frequently asked questions from our online community. In short, everything you need to create incredible online learning! You can register for the next call here.

And don't worry if you can't make it, because everyone who registers will get a recording sent to them afterwards! There's also a huge list of on-demand past trainings available.

Hope to see you there!