Completion Data in Canvas Course

May 29, 2023

Hi we are having an issue with Rise courses embeded in Canvas (LMS) - when the student completes the module it correctly shows 100% completion - however on returning to the module the completion shows 65%. Anybody having similar issues - I am not sure if this is a Canvas (which I suspect) or Rise issue. Thansk for any help.

1 Reply
Gren Foronda

Hi David!

Sorry to hear that you are experiencing issues with resuming your Rise 360 courses in your LMS (Canvas).

I see that you also posted in another thread; see our response here.

As mentioned, this is most likely due to exceeding the suspend data limit. The suspend_data element for a Rise 360 SCORM course tells the learning management system (LMS) where you left off when exiting the course and lets you resume later in the same place without having to start over. The course won't resume correctly once the limit has been exceeded. See more details here

https://www.articulate.com/support/article/Rise-Exceeding-SCORM-Suspend-Data-Limits

Based on the article above - if you have a large course that exceeds suspend data limits, try shortening the course or splitting it into smaller modules. Or, export your course for SCORM 2004 3rd Edition or 4th Edition, both of which support much longer suspend data.

If the issue persists despite the above workarounds, please create a support case so we may look into this issue closely.