Ways to link to IBM-Ustream in Articulate 360 products?

Dec 16, 2020

Hi, folks. I've been banging my head against the wall all day, trying to figure out how to get Rise (preferably, or if not, SL) 360 to integrate a video from the Ustream platform acquired by IBM Video Cloud / Enterprise Video Platform. These are massive, so uploading even one of them directly into Rise took for-EV-er, and it's still not done processing ... also figuring that won't bode well for SCORM file size and stability. :(

Unlike YouTube, Screencast, and others, a "plain ol' URL" doesn't "play nice." All I get from Rise is an ugly block that indicates nothing about the video/topic/content, and it forces open a separate browser tab -- won't display anything "in-line."

SL's Insert > Web Object gives me an even uglier block with an error message once published to Review, and I've not been able to ferret out the proper embed code for SL's Insert > Video.

I ran into this same issue last year with a different client, and we never did resolve it, having to conclude it was because the content was secured behind a "wall" and wasn't friendly to embedding in other platforms. Thoughts? Suggestions? Experiences? Confirmations of same non-results?

Thank you very much ~ Michael

2 Replies
Michael Steckman

I didn't get any responses, but for what it's worth and in case anyone ever finds their way to this thread in the future, here's the iFrame code from a colleague/word-of-mouth which solved the problem. All I needed to do was to keep varying the 9-digit video ID in front of ?showtitle for each video, and paste it into Rise's Multimedia > Embed block type.

Original link to a video recording:
https://secure.video.ibm.com/channel/01234567/video/123456789

iFrame embed code from the problem-solver:
<iframe src="https://video.ibm.com/embed/recorded/123456789?showtitle=false" style="border: 0;" webkitallowfullscreen allowfullscreen frameborder="no" width="720" height="405" referrerpolicy="no-referrer-when-downgrade"></iframe>