What does exporting to Web do?

Jun 22, 2021

I am trying to come up with a way to share our articulate created courses with our summer interns who are not given access to our LMS via an employee ID - since they aren't our employees. They do need to take courses like Safety and orientation and I am not sure how I can provide the courses to them.

Would it be possible to share them on the department Facebook page somehow? I'm not clear on what exporting to Web does - does it put the course somewhere out on some site?

Would you be able to explain the Web options and process in very basic terms - such as what happens when I export to Web - where does the course go? How do I access it again, etc. Or - could you provide some ideas on how I can share these training courses with the interns who need to take them - and the assessments that are in the courses?

Thank you!

5 Replies
Karl Muller

Hi Bonnie,

Exporting for web will create a ZIP file, just like when exporting for LMS.

The difference in the two ZIP file types, is that the web version will not try to communicate with a LMS. The web version has no bookmarking or resume abilities, so students will start over from the beginning each time they access the course. The training administrator will therefore have no record of training attempts or course completions. 

The ZIP output file will go to your local computer. It is not uploaded to a web site. You will have to find your own web server to host the unzipped course.

Bonnie Schmidt

Karl - thank you very much for this information. I now understand what I may be able to do by using this kind of export feature.

Thank you!

Bonnie Schmidt | Training and Staff Development Officer
Organizational Development Program
Pima County Health Department
3950 South Country Club Road | Suite 100 | Tucson, AZ 85714
Desk: 520.724.7479
Connect with us
Website: www.pima.gov/health |Facebook facebook.com/PimaCountyHealthDepartment
Twitter twitter.com/PCHD