White lines between blocks

Feb 02, 2018

When I add multiple blocks that have the same background color, the transition between them is seamless when viewing through the desktop browser. However, when I switch to the tablet or phone preview, I get white lines between them. Can someone tell me why this is, and if there is a fix? Images have been attached

Thanks. 

P.S. I have published the course and viewed it on an iphone 6+ and the issue is present there too. Also, I noticed you guys pushed out an update for Rise today. Could that update be causing the issue?

8 Replies
Jai Basra

Hi Leslie,

Thanks for the warm welcome.

I can confirm that I have the padding set to no padding for the examples I provided above. I changed the padding to 30px (top and bottom) and the white lines are still there, however, they are less noticeable. Also, scrolling the content affects the way the white lines are being displayed. The top white line has disappeared in the screenshots provided.

Leslie McKerchie

Hi Jai,

Sorry to hear you are still experiencing an issue with this. I know you mentioned changing the padding for the top and bottom, but was that for all the blocks as well? I'm not able to recreate the issue it seems. When I add padding, even 10x to each, then the lines go away for me.

I am adding this thread to the report as we track user impact though and that will also allow us to update you here when we can.

Jai Basra

Hi Leslie,

Yes, I changed the padding for both top and bottom for all blocks. I just experimented with different values and depending on what I chose, how I oriented the phone/tablet, and if I scrolled through the content or not I got different results (white lines were thicker or thinner). I was unable to get rid of the lines no matter what I did.

Please let me know if you have any other recommendations.

Thanks.

Jai Basra

It's a mixture and the combinations vary, but I get the same results. In the examples I provided above, I used:

Statement -> Statement B
Text -> subheading
Image -> Image centered

In other courses, I have also used:

Text -> paragraph
Image -> Image & text
Multimedia -> Video
Multimedia -> Attachment

When trying to replicate the issue, were you using a different colour? I'm wondering if that might be playing a factor.

Thanks.

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.