XLIF translation of Rise content

Nov 10, 2016

What is the best way of translating text objects in the new tool Rise. Is there an export/import function as in Storyline?

14 Replies
craig Sumner

Hi, I downloaded a fresh copy and it still did it, the link you provided is one of the two tools I am using yes (actually the one I would prefer to use). I even sent a copy of the course to a colleague and had them export a new XLIFF under their own account and upload to both tools and the result was still the same!

attached is the error I get from that website you have linked when I try to upload.

Robert Wood, Global Supply Chain Lean Manager

I did some translations in storyline with the word document which I found much easier to use.   I used an online document translator, copied and pasted translated column, then sent it too a colleague to verify/modify.  Then it was simple to import.    Is this option possible in rise?

Ashley Terwilliger-Pollard

Hi Robert, 

Rise allows you to export your course text to an XLIFF file* and then reimport it once it’s been translated. 

NEW in Rise: Export for Translation
XLIFF files are a translation industry standard, so if you’re working with professional translators, then you shouldn’t have any issues. But what if the translations are being done by a fellow coworker or friend? No problem! If you do a quick Google search, you’ll find a ton of free tools that allow you to easily edit XLIFF files.

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.