Publish your interaction to Articulate 360 to collect feedback from stakeholders and track version history with Articulate Review. It’s a great way to collaborate on a project before distributing the finalized interaction.
- Choose to Publish a New Item or Update an Existing Item
- Change the Interaction Thumbnail Image
- Choose Your Publish Formats
- Adjust the Player Settings and Interaction Properties
- Distribute Your Published Interaction
- Click Publish on the Engage ribbon.
- When the Publish window appears, select the Articulate 360 tab on the left.
- Choose to publish a new item or update an existing item:
- Create a new item: Mark this option to publish a brand new content item to Articulate 360, then give it a title. (The title defaults to the name of your project file. Changing the title here won't affect the name of your project file.)
- Publish a new version of an existing item: Mark this option to update an existing content item in Articulate 360, then select the item you want to update. (Articulate 360 keeps track of version history, so you can still view previously-published versions of the content item in Articulate Review.)
By default, Engage uses an image representing the type of interaction you’re building as the thumbnail image on your Articulate Review home page, but you can choose a different image.
- Temporarily switch to the Web tab on the left side of the Publish window.
- Click the ellipsis button (...) beside the Title field to open the Project Info window.
- Click the hyperlinked text below the default image, click Picture from File, and choose an image on your hard drive.
- Click OK to close the Project Info window.
- Switch back to the Articulate 360 tab on the left side of the Publish window to finish the publishing process.
In Engage 360, you can choose which formats are included in your published output—HTML5, Flash, and/or Articulate Mobile Player.
- Click the Formats property on the Publish window to open this Publish Formats dialog.
- Use the Publish As slider to choose one of these options:
- HTML5: This publishes your interaction as HTML5 output only.
- HTML5/Flash: This publishes your interaction as HTML5 first with Flash fallback. Learners will see HTML5 output if they’re using a supported HTML5 browser. If not, they’ll see Flash output.
- Flash/HTML5: This publishes your interaction as Flash first with HTML5 fallback. Learners will see Flash output if they’re using a Flash-enabled browser. If not, they’ll see HTML5 output.
- Flash: This publishes your interaction as Flash output only.
- If you choose one of the publish formats above that includes Flash output, you’ll also have the option to include Articulate Mobile Player output. Just mark the box to Use Articulate Mobile Player for iOS and Android.
Articulate Mobile Player output is the default view for learners with iPads and Android devices.
While Engage 360’s superior HTML5 output and new responsive player give learners the best viewing experience on tablets and smartphones, one unique benefit of the Articulate Mobile Player app is the option to view content offline. To let learners view your interaction offline, just mark the box to Allow downloading for offline viewing.
After downloading an interaction to their Articulate Mobile Player, learners can view it at any time, with or without internet access, even if you remove the interaction from Articulate 360.
- Click OK to save your selections and return to the Publish window.
Use the Properties section of the Publish window to make last-minute changes to your player, quality settings, theme colors, and playback mode.
This property shows the name of the player currently assigned to your project. (The player is the interface learners see around the perimeter of your interaction.)
To make adjustments to your player, click the player name to open the player editor.
This property controls the compression settings for audio clips, videos, and JPG images in your interaction.
The quality settings default to whatever you used the last time you published an interaction. To change them, click the quality property and make your adjustments.
This property shows the name of the theme currently applied to your project.
To switch to a different theme, click the current theme and choose another one.
This property controls how learners navigate through your interaction.
To change the playback mode, click the current mode and choose a different option.
When you're finished making selections, click the Publish button.
Your content gets published and uploaded to Articulate 360 all at once. How fast this happens depends on the size of your interaction and your internet speed.
When the Publish Successful window appears, click View Interaction to open Articulate 360 in your default browser and manage the interaction you just uploaded.
To give viewers access to your published interaction:
- Open your web browser to your Articulate Review home page and click your interaction to open it.
- Click Share in the upper right corner.
- If you want to password-protect your interaction, mark the box to Set a password and enter a password in the field provided.
- Copy the shareable link, then send it to your viewers. Be sure to give them the password, too, if you added one.
If you don’t want viewers to post comments on your interaction, click the ellipsis (...) button in the upper right corner and choose Disable comments.