10 Things I Wish Someone Told Me When I Started in E-Learning #442

10 Things E-Learning Designers Learned #443: Challenge | Recap

Whether you're new to e-learning or have been in the game for a while, you've made mistakes and gained valuable knowledge that's helped you build better courses. 

While it never helps to dwell on the past, your experience can be a valuable resource for e-learning newbies, helping them avoid common pitfalls as they kickstart their new careers. And learning from our mistakes is what this week's challenge is all about!

🏆 Challenge of the Week

This week, your challenge is to share 3-10 things you wish you'd known when you first started in e-learning. Your entry can be a simple list with bulleted items or an interactive example.

If you're looking for ways to level up your challenge count, you can combine this week's topic with a previous challenge. Just cross-post your entry in both challenges so I can update the recaps.

⚒️ Tools & Apps

You're welcome to use any app you like to create your entry. For those using Articulate 360 apps, here are a few ideas to help you get started:

Peek 360: Consider recording a PowerPoint presentation or Rise 360 of your demo.

Rise 360: Short on time this week? Rise 360's microlearning feature is a perfect fit for this week's topic. And for those with some extra time, the Storyline block option in Rise 360 is worth exploring.

Storyline 360: We've posted 43 challenges this year. Feel free to combine this week's challenge with one or more previous challenges.

🧰 Resources

✨ Share Your E-Learning Work

• Comments: Use the comments section below to link your published example and blog post.
  • Forums: Start a new thread and share a link to your published example.
  • Personal blog: If you have a blog, please consider writing about your challenges. We'll link to your posts so your great work gets even more exposure.
  • Social media: If you share your demos on Twitter or LinkedIn, try using #ELHChallenge so your tweeps can follow your e-learning coolness.

🙌 Last Week’s Challenge:

Before you take a career trip down memory lane, explore these practical ways to incorporate background music into your e-learning courses:

10 Ways to Use Background Music & Audio in E-Learning #442

Background Audio in E-Learning RECAP #442: Challenge | Recap

đź‘‹ New to the E-Learning Challenges?

The weekly e-learning challenges are ongoing opportunities to learn, share, and build your e-learning portfolios. You can jump into any or all of the previous challenges anytime you want. I’ll update the recap posts to include your demos.

Learn more about the challenges in this Q&A post and why and how to participate in this helpful article

📆 Next Week’s Challenge

• Next week's challenge #444 (December 8, 2023): Pantone Color of the Year 2024. It's our annual color challenge. Pantone hasn't announced next year's color, but I'd like your best guess on what it will be. Include your guess in the comments when you post your example.
  • Bonus challenges: For those of you looking for challenge-related activities, I've got some informal challenges for you in late December. I'll share more next week, but you can start thinking of ways to showcase and highlight your favorite challenge entries for 2023.

đź‘‹ New to the E-Learning Challenges?

The weekly e-learning challenges are ongoing opportunities to learn, share, and build your e-learning portfolios. You can jump into any or all of the previous challenges anytime you want. I’ll update the recap posts to include your demos.

Learn more about the challenges in this Q&A post and why and how to participate in this helpful article

44 Comments
Jodi M. Sansone
Jodi M. Sansone
Yvonne Urra-Bazain
Nicole Boswell
Logan Monday
Daria Tucha